Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Glance back

These days I'm just beginning to look back at my career and have been feeling how fortunate I've been. After starting my career as a software engineer in 2004 with Persistent Systems, I spent 7 long years doing various stuff, learning and unlearning a lot and then this association came to an abrupt end (because I had not thought that it would end this way) and I joined Impetus in Indore near my hometown Mhow. It has been a couple of moths here but I still feel like an outsider here. In Persistent life was like at my own terms, I used to be final decision making person for a lot of things that I could clearly see was not allowed for others.
Also now a days I'm thinking of becoming a freelancer, I've failed to do so earlier, however this time I'm thinking of starting on this path with a tele-commute job and then taking it forward if this goes well.
Any and all suggestions are welcome..

2 comments:

Paresh Goyal said...

Aakash,
Nice to see your thoughts, you must go for freelancing there is no doubt about that. However, keep in mind the forthcoming economic scenarios and possibility of getting back to previous jobs. Otherwise in my opinion there is nothing like having and doing own work.

Anonymous said...

Dude, it does not matter if you are THE GUY in your new org or not, no one will give you the same importance that you used to get in your previous comp, you earned it in your previous org over a period of time, and here also you will earn it pretty quickly.I am very sure about that.....first 1 year is usually bit tough in new comp, bare with it.
Regarding freelancing, you can do it while keeping your current job...once you are well settled in your free lancing then its your call...

Just Chill Lambu bhai :)
Devesh

Post a Comment